OTA Mach-E DC-Schnellladegeschwindigkeit und -schwelle werden diesen Winter erhöht

• Aus dem US Forum.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Ab hier spricht Darren Palmer über OTA Updates für den ME.

• Transcript von Darren Palmer gefunden...

Yeah so as I mentioned earlier, the car is fully OTA updatable. Every single module – even the shift controller, not sure what we’re going to do with it, but we made it updatable anyway because of things we may add in the future. That includes the entire BMS [Battery Management System?] system and everything to do with it. So we signed off that car [the Mach E], that’s our first ground-up electric vehicle, but that car is signed off, so in any conditions anywhere on the planet, that car will perform well and last for its entire life. [Well, here’s our problem, the car was signed off to work in Antarctica.]

At 8 years, we still guarantee that that battery will still be 70% plus. In reality it will be much more than that because otherwise we’d got a huge warranty bill, so we went in cautious, and that vehicle – our customers can be sure of the resale value of that vehicle – and that’s where we started. Now the thing is, a worst case in Arizona, having just gone up a really tall hill and entering a DC charge station is different from other use cases so, but we started there. Now, we’ve said also, we are working on improving it, and we are listening to customers. We listen to social media. First thing I do every day [me too], and my whole team, we have connected [inaudible] data. We listen to all the podcasts and we engage with customers. This is what matters. Listening and talking to our customers.

So we are already working on charge curve updates, and maximum charge point updates for charging. We’ve been recently hearing [well, we’ve been telling you this for 6mos] those on a longer trip would like to push their charge up higher before they start their trip on a DC – and at the moment our strategy does cut it off, it cuts it off to trickle charge at 80%. Now at first, we saw 95% of customers charging at home and we didn’t have the call for it. Now we’re starting to see a call for it from those customers so we started reacting with – we are working on it – we are going to deploy updates to that. I won’t say timing yet because we’ve got to get through some testing [Q2 2021?] but I’m aiming to get there for the winter season [in which hemisphere?] and to do some updates for customers. So we’re going to change the top charge point let’s say nearer 90 so that if you want to you can push it to 90 because this is one of largest range cars in the world [especially Antarctica] one of only a few, and we want them to be able to make maximum use of it.

If you start from home, you’re 100% anyway and you’ve got it now. But if you want to start from DC then yes it takes a long time to get to 90 today, so we’re going to change that, and we’re going to do it OTA, and we’re going to do it in production with all cars, quite soon. [“Quite Soon 2021!”] And then there’s the curve. The curve is set currently for maximum…. to give you two things: the best we can give you in 15 minutes, that’s why it peaks high at 150 but it does drop down quickly, and then the best we can give you for a full charge 10-80 in about 40 minutes. Um, so that’s what it’s set up for at the moment, and I believe we can push it further by taking your conditions into account: if you’re in a beautiful 20 degrees or 70 degrees area and the battery’s not stressed out, we believe we can give you more. In fact, if you’re a person who’s mainly using the car at home, and then you go on the occasional trip, we can probably push it even further, because you’re a long way from damaging your battery, and that’s what we’re looking out for. We’re making sure that we are looking after your battery for you, you can charge that car to 100% every single day. And I’m even considering, maybe I don’t need to let you charge to 100% every day, because that’s not your exact use case right? So I might even pull that back, say to you “hey we advise you to charge to 80 or 90” and then I could even give you greater EPA range. I’m thinking about that … but I gotta know that customers are not going to charge to 90 every day – 100 every day – because if they did in that case, they would damage their batteries over time, ok? But we see it, we’re working on it now, and this what we’re going to do.

But, there’s a whole series of updates coming now. We’ve been turning on all the modules. You have to turn them on first, and we have to be careful. [Here comes the #SoftwareIsHard bit] We’re going to be updating a million vehicles a year soon, and – every update – and we’ve gotta be careful that it doesn’t cause problems there? So we have an A/B swap, it downloads and then it swaps over so if anything happens it comes back and your car still works. Our system does that.

But we’ve been switching all the modules on, one at a time, that’s what these updates are today. And I can’t drop things in until all the modules are switched on. They’re nearly all done now, and so you’re gonna see BlueCruise coming in now in September and October for the everywhere it is valid, you’ll see it coming into the cars. And with it you’re gonna get games, you’re gonna get puzzles, you’re gonna get fun stuff [like tic tac toe?!], and you’re gonna get range improvements and other improvements as well. The good stuff’s coming now, towards the end of the year. [How about you just finally let us keep the internal motion sensors turned off?]

Mustang Mach E AWD ER, Carbonized Grey Metallic, Technologie-Paket 2

Bestellung: 21. Januar 2020

Anlieferung laut Händler voraussichtlich: Juni 2020, November 2020, April 2021… …

Abgeholt: 10. Juli 2021

Deutschsprachiger Holländer

• Das hört sich wirklich gut an.

Auch das JEDES Steuerungsmodul OTA upgedated werden kann.

Warum machen sie es aktuell beim Ladelüftungsproblem so kompliziert? Hier scheint sogar ein serielles Update notwendig zu sein.

Fehlt nur noch, dass ein ROM eingelötet werden müsste ...

Mach-E - RWD - SR - TP 1 - carbonized grey

Modell 2021 / Job1 - PU 6.5

Ich sage langsam leise Servus ... :(

Ich habe mir einen ID.5 Move bestellt, der Mitte August kommt und mein Pony ablöst.

Bitte kein VW Bashing. Alle haben ihre Nachteile und Vorzüge.

• Offizieller Beitrag

klingt doch gut, wenn man so alles per OTA verändern und anpassen kann ist es prima. und wenn an der Ladekurve gearbeitet wird ist es klasse. schauen wir mal wann was kommt.

Mustang Mach E

RWD ER, Lucid-Rot Metallic, TP 2

Reservierung: 17.03.2020

Bestellung: 12.12.2020

Produktion: 20.04.21

Antwerpen: 10.06.2021

Händler: 23.06.21

Übergabe: 16.07.21

OTA 6.5.0 21.03.2024

Electrified since 12/2017 mit Hyundai Ioniq und Hyundai Kona

• Sie sollen mal die Infrarotsensoren freigegeben. Würde auf gerade Strecke gern das Lenkrad Mal von der Hand nehmen.

MME AWD Standard Range - Tech Paket 2 // Zoe R110 Z.E.50 // 9 kWp Photovoltaik + E3DC // Ladestation openWB series2 mit 22 kW Anschluss // ioBroker für die Datenabfragen

• Offizieller Beitrag

Bitte beim Thema bleiben

oder ich muss leider aufräumen

Danke

• Im englischsprachigen Forum gibt es Hinweise, dass im Winter ein Update rauskommen soll, dass die Ladekurve verbessert. Schön wärs!

https://www.macheforum.com/sit…-coming-this-winter.9508/

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tobox ()

• Ja, den Bericht hab ich am WE auch gelesen.

Da hieß es dass Ford mit einem Winter- OTA- Update die Ladekurve bis 90% optimieren möchte.

Grund dafür sind die doch sehr konservativen Einstellungen die Ford aufgrund fehlender Erfahrungen für die Lebensdauer der Akkus vorgegeben hat. Ford ging wohl damals, bei seinen Berechnungen davon aus, dass die Lebensdauer der Akkus dadurch verlängert wird.

Wie sich wohl durch die in der Zwischenzeit gewonnen Erfahrungswerte gezeigt hat tut eine Optimierung der Ladekurve dem Mustang Mach-E und vor allem seinen Besitzern sehr gut. Nicht nur da sich die Ladezeit verringern soll, Sondern auch die Reichweite erhöht wird.

Hier noch ein Bericht zum Ladeverhalten des Mustang Mach-E im direkten Vergleich mit dem VW ID.4 von insideevs.de.

Ford Mustang Mach-E: Analyse der Ladekurve beim Schnellladen (insideevs.de)

Mustang Mach E

Ein echt schönes Fahrzeug von innovativen Ingenieuren entwickelt.

Baujahr 2021 Job1

• Offizieller Beitrag

mal schauen wie sich das entwickelt

klingt jedenfalls vielversprechend

Mustang Mach E

RWD ER, Lucid-Rot Metallic, TP 2

Reservierung: 17.03.2020

Bestellung: 12.12.2020

Produktion: 20.04.21

Antwerpen: 10.06.2021

Händler: 23.06.21

Übergabe: 16.07.21

OTA 6.5.0 21.03.2024

Electrified since 12/2017 mit Hyundai Ioniq und Hyundai Kona

• Es wäre jedenfalls ein erster Schritt.

Eine Erhöhung der Ladeleistung im optimalen Bereich, auf die im Marketing vesprochenen Werte 115/150 kW, wäre jedenfalls mehr als sinnvoll. Die 5 Minuten am Maximum, die anfangs errericht werden, sind arg ausbaufähig.

Mach-E - RWD - SR - TP 1 - carbonized grey

Modell 2021 / Job1 - PU 6.5

Ich sage langsam leise Servus ... :(

Ich habe mir einen ID.5 Move bestellt, der Mitte August kommt und mein Pony ablöst.

Bitte kein VW Bashing. Alle haben ihre Nachteile und Vorzüge.

• Gute Neuigkeiten.

Wie schon geschrieben wurde, mal schauen was Ford daraus wirklich macht und umsetzt - vor allem ob es wirklich schon im Winter geschieht.

Erhöhung der Reichweite und schnellere Ladezeiten sind aktuell gefühlt am Stammtisch so mit das Wichtigste (leider).

Macht den Mach E immer interessanter.

Viele Grüße

Martin

Tesla MY LR schwarz
    Alfa Spider 916 3.0 V12

Quad Adly 450 SM